1. We are Marchmouse Media Limited a Company registered in England and Wales under company number 08873105. Our trading tyle is settlementagreement.co.uk. We hope you find settlementagreement.co.uk (our ‘Website’) interesting and helpful.
3. The main purpose of our Website is to provide individuals and businesses with information and guidance about settlement agreements (and associated employment law issues). The content of the website changes regularly. Many of the articles and guides are dated at the time of publication and may become out of date. We are under no obligation to update our website content.
4. Our website content is provided as guidance and only does not constitute legal advice or any other form of advice or recommendation. Any guidance provided is intended to relate to the laws of England and Wales unless expressly stated otherwise.
5. Some of our website content is provided by third parties including employment solicitors, career coaches, recruitment consultants and human resource professionals. We cannot accept responsibility for any errors, omissions, or inaccurate material produced by these third party contributors nor can we give any warranty that any defects will be corrected.
6. We reserve the right to amend, withdraw or cease to publish content our Website. We reserve the right to deny access to our Website on a temporary or permanent basis.
7. Use of our website content is prohibited unless expressly authorised by these Website Terms or otherwise agreed by us in writing in advance.
8. You are permitted to access and review our Website for your personal use only. You must not use our Website for commercial use unless authorised in advance by us in writing to do so. You may share content of our Website social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and LinkedIn provided you credit settlementagreement.co.uk with an appropriate link to settlementagreement.co.uk from said social media platform account.
10. All of our website content is owned by (or licenced to) us. Our website content is protected by copyright laws and treaties applicable worldwide. All such rights are reserved.
11. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material on our Website. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any contributors identified on our Website) as authors of material on our Website must always be acknowledged.
12. You are not authorised to link to our Website from any other websites without our express authority in writing. We welcome enquiries from any person that would like to link to our content.
13. Links from our Website to a third party website are for information only and do not constitute a recommendation. We have no control over those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or any loss or damage that may arise from their use.
14. Our Website content is made available without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us, herby exclude:
a. all conditions, warranties and other terms that might otherwise be applied by law;
b. any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.; and
c. Any liability for economic loss, consequential loss or damage incurred by any person who visits our Website and in connection with it, the use of it, inability to use it, any websites linked to it and any materials contained on it, including without limit, any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of causes of action, loss of profit, loss of contract, loss of goodwill, loss of opportunity, loss of time and any other loss or damage of any kind, howsoever arising, whether caused by tortious act or omission (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise but excluding liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or any other liability incapable of exclusion by law.
Find a Solicitor Service
15. We may provide information on our Website and via email and telephone to help individuals and businesses find an employment solicitor to advise on a settlement agreement and/or employment situation. If you contact us directly (by email, contact form or telephone) we may put you in touch with one of our Panel Solicitors. To avoid delay we may pass your call directly to a Panel Solicitor who will introduce themselves and ask how they may be able to help with your employment law issue.
16. If you send us an email or contact form and you do not hear from us (or a Panel Solicitor) within 24 hours please contact us by telephone and we will try and help. We cannot guarantee the day or time that we will respond to any email, telephone or written enquiries or Website form submissions.
18. Should there be an issue concerning service or advice you receive from a solicitor it is a matter between you and the relevant solicitor.
19. You are free to instruct any solicitor you wish and we recommend you undertake your own enquires to ensure the solicitor you decide to use is right for you and your particular situation.
20. Usually an employer will contribute towards the cost of an employee receiving independent legal advice on the terms and effect of a settlement agreement. We recommend you always speak to the solicitor you are thinking of instructing about the likely costs of getting advice on your settlement agreement. Some of the Solicitors listed on this website pay us a referral fee equal to fifteen percent of profit costs or a listing fee to advertise on the Website.
21. The comments, testimonials and other information about Panel / Listed Solicitors on the Website are provided by the relevant Panel / Listed Solicitor, not by us. In particular, Panel / Listed Solicitors provide us with content (including their client’s testimonials, description of themselves and their practice, experience, qualifications, skills and expertise) which we use to create their listing on the Website. We require all Panel / Listed Solicitors to warrant that the information they provide to us is accurate, genuine and that any client testimonials are independent and have been provided with their client’s consent. We rely on the Panel /Listed Solicitors and we therefore cannot guarantee the accuracy of any such information nor can we accept responsibility for any errors, omissions, or inaccurate material provided to us by Panel / Listed Solicitors.
22. If you have been offered a Settlement Agreement or believe you may have a claim against your employer you should speak to a solicitor without delay.
23. Strict time-limits apply in relation to the bringing of claims in the employment tribunal (usually 3 months minus a day) from the act (or omission) you are complaining about. It remains your responsibility to make sure any claims you wish to bring are lodge at an employment tribunal or court by the relevant deadline.
24. We cannot accept enquiries from you if you require a Panel / Listed Solicitor to advise and assist you in relation to a potential employment tribunal claim in circumstances where the deadline for lodging the potential claim is less than one month away from the date you contact us.